Last Modified: May 3, 2021
In light of the Global COVID-19 pandemic and under the orders of the Provincial Health Officer (PHO) Academy of Learning Career College (AOLCCBC) has implemented the following policies and procedures.
If you develop cold, influenza or COVID-19-like symptoms, please self-isolate and get tested for COVID-19.
Please self-isolate if you develop symptoms and visit Fraser Health's Self isolation page for information on how long and how to self-isolate.
To get tested, find your local collection centre by following these links. You can also call 8-1-1 to find the nearest centre.
Collection centre finder (Mobile and desktop)
Collection centre finder for Internet Explorer users
If you have no symptoms, even if you are a contact of a confirmed case or a returning traveller, you do not require a test.
- All persons at the college must be contactable in the case of a COVID-19 exposure
This will be accomplished in the following ways:
- An appointment with an Admissions Coordinator.
- Already enrolled students attending for classes.
- Scheduled Staff members
- All others must fill out the contact tracing form.
- All staff, students, and visitors are required to wear a non-medical mask/face covering that covers their face from below the chin and over the nose. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided.
- All staff, students, and visitors are required to wash their hands regularly and are provided with hand sanitizer all around and throughout the campus.
- All Staff, students, and visitors are required to wipe down any surface they come in contact with, such as keyboards, computer mice, headphones, armrests, etc. Anti-bacterial wipes are provided throughout the campus.
- All staff, students, and visitors will have their body temperature checked via a no-touch thermometer. If a fever is present (Defined as >38° Celsius. Refer to 🔗 HealthLink BC) they will be turned away and we suggest they speak with their family physician or call HealthLink BC at 📞 811
- If a temperature of between 37.5°C and 37.9°C is present, they will be asked to wait outside for 15 minutes and then have their temperature taken again to rule out external factors such as sitting in a hot car.
If the temperature reading does not improve, they will be asked to call their doctor and get a COVID-19 test.
The Fraser Health Authority has made it simple to book a COVID-19 test at their testing centres. Please visit their 🔗website to learn more and to book
At Home Learning/Online
- The Integrated Learning System™ (ILS™) is a cloud-based learning platform and has been made available for our students who do not feel comfortable or have been advised by their Doctor to avoid attending in person classes
during the COVID-19 pandemic. This is accessible from any internet connected computer.
- Students who are learning from home will have access to our qualified Learning Coaches during normal campus hours, who can help students over the phone, email, or even screen sharing. Simulating the in-person experience.
- Keyboard Skill Building
- Our keyboard skill building program is available for at home learning. A Windows 10 based computer with a full-sized keyboard is required.
- In addition to the above measures, we are also able to enable a hybrid learning model, wherein students who can attend the college on a part time basis, can still work on their program from home.
- Due to the cloud-based nature of our Integrated Learning System™, course progress is accessible at home and at the campus.